Saturday, March 2, 2013

House Cleaning

It's been a while since my last post. There have been some changes to my plans.

MagmaHack has been discontinued, and I've pulled it from the page. To be honest, I have failed utterly. The existing code, with its horribly flawed architecture, heavy reliance on libjcsi and sluggish performance was in no way acceptable. Since a complete re-write would have been necessary, and my motivation to work with this language and library has decreased considerably in the meantime, I've decided to let the project die.

However, my basic intentions for the project still remain, and will form the base for my next attempt. We'll see how that one fares. I have high hopes.

As the 7DRL Challenge of 2013 approaches, I find myself in the same position as last year: Without an idea and without existing code to plunder. This will be interesting. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment